3 QUICK OAT RECIPES YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS
Before we go to the recipes, some of you may be wondering which oats to use for these recipes.
Rolled oats are recommended for these recipes. These are somewhat similar to the Indian Poha.
They are first steamed and then flattened. So it can also be eaten directly without cooking. It is always good to buy organic rolled oats for this purpose as we use them without rinsing them.
1. Oats Khichdi
- ½ Cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp yellow moong dal
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp green chilly paste
- 1 tbsp garlic
- Turmeric Powder
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add chilly paste, garlic paste, turmeric, and saute them.
- Add the oats and moong dal and saute them again for 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 cups of hot water and salt. Mix well and pressure cook until 2 whistles are done.
- Serve with Curd
2. Vanilla overnight oatsIngredient:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter to grease
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a tiny food processor, puree the banana or mash it with the back of a fork. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, milk, egg, oil, syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Allow for 5 minutes of resting time before adding the wet components to the dry components and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into the pan per pancake and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. (When the edges are slightly dry, the batter is bubbling, and the bottoms are golden, flip them over.)
Serve warm topped with the prepared Banana Maple Syrup.
3. Vanilla overnight oats
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (heaping) rolled oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk, see notes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0–2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Fill a jar with the mixture and a tight-fitting lid.
- Before eating, cover and chill for at least 4 hours, but overnight is usually preferred.